Friday 5 August 2011

Typical Summer Weather


Friday 5th August 2011

I'm definitely ready for our break next week, I can tell that my brain function has reduced by at least half with the children at home. In their defence though they haven't been any trouble, it's just that the mess multiplies by four rather than two, which is rather like Chinese water torture for me with my hatred of all things house-work. Yesterday was the first really wet day we have had, I knew what the forecast was but hung the washing out anyway and gamely ventured out with dog and son in tow. We picked up auntie Fran, Laura and Paddy and were soon tramping merrily through the woods. Me toadstool hunting, Fran trying to calm an ever exuberant Paddy, Laura trying to avoid being bowled over, George talking non-stop x-box, Chumdog up to no good in general and Paddy BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK! Then it started to rain heavily, so by the time we got home we were dripping, that meant muddy shoes, wet clothes and paw-prints all over the house, which is starting to look more like Stig of the Dumps cave everyday. I couldn't even escape into the garden, just had to sit in the kitchen contemplating the devastation and fighting that panicky feeling that accompanies the task of taking four people abroad for ten days. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!

"For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather. Every day has it's beauty and storms which whip up the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously"
George Gissing

0 comments:

Post a Comment