Saturday 24 August 2013

Funny Ha Ha (Not)

I was straight back in the saddle, or tractor seat actually today, having had three weeks off everyone else was pleased to pass the chore on to me! After a bit of a rusty start, only a small prang thankfully when no one was looking and with no dents detectable, I was soon feeling confident again. It didn't last long, I had to tackle the Ha Ha again, I've only had a go at cutting it once before and then Giles had to rescue me half way down. I wasn't much better today I'm afraid, I just get spooked having to turn around in such a tight space with the garden wall on one side and the drop on the other whilst avoiding large shrubs and sheep, so it was Giles to the rescue once more. I guess I'll just have to keep on trying, maybe next time I'll put the tractor in snail mode which makes it go so slowly even I would have difficulty losing control, I'm determined to conquer this!
It was lovely to be back in the garden and to notice all the differences that have occurred since I went away, especially how much everything has grown now that some rain has fallen. After being surrounded by tropical vegetation I really appreciated meeting our old cottage garden favourites again, this travelling lark is OK but there's no place like home!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"
Mary Anne Radmacher

0 comments:

Post a Comment