Monday 19 January 2015

A Dusting Of Snow

As you can see we had a dusting of snow to greet us this morning, just enough to look picturesque without stopping us from working. How I wish I could see Norton Conyers in really deep drifts, alas it will not be possible unless I'm prepared to stay overnight and await a thaw!
We continue to work on the tunnel and alternate between digging and then taking a break by checking trees in the woods. This entails peering down the long plastic tubes to see if the sapling is still alive. Imagine my surprise today when I saw two beady black eyes staring back! A nuthatch had become stuck down at the bottom of the tube and luckily we were in time to rescue the poor little fellow. He flew away with what I thought was a rather joyous chirp. I felt good for the rest of the day. Today is also the first day that Shandy has been skipping around almost back to normal, she will be chasing rabbits again in no time.
"January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow"
Sara Coleridge

0 comments:

Post a Comment