Tuesday 19 May 2015

Chilly May

The weather continues disappointingly cold, meaning I have been wearing full winter rig in May! My seedlings at home are sulking as are the dahlias at Norton Conyers, of which some have yet to appear at all. I hope we get some sunshine soon as there are only three more growing months before it's all downhill once more! It may be chilly but we are banking on there being no more serious frosts here and have planted the salvias out, this job takes a full half day but I enjoy seeing the borders fill up again. My own garden is coming along nicely and I have high hopes that some of the plants I have grown from seed will finally flower this year, and although my seedlings have not germinated very well, I think it is just as well being as there is no space left in my borders. I may have to offload some freebies to friends and family, but that gives me as much pleasure as watching things mature in my own space.

"Happiness held is the seed, happiness shared is the flower"
John Harrigan


0 comments:

Post a Comment