Monday 28 July 2014

Bert's Shed

After twelve years of hinting Dave finally took me to Derbyshire to visit Chatsworth house this weekend. The weather was perfect and the house and grounds did not disappoint. The scale of course is huge and everything is meant to be viewed at a distance but when you get a little closer you realise that nothing is perfect. Not that that bothers me, I like to see a little nature creeping in as it so often does at Norton Conyers, but it did make me realise just how good our garden actually is for its planting and setting, every bit as good as these larger houses!
 however despite all the grandeur, the place I really fell in love with is tucked around the back of the house and behind the kitchen garden. It is the most perfect place and I wish I had one just like it. Bert must have led a very contented life in such a cosy space, it makes me want to convince Giles to renovate the bothy at Norton and get the stove working again, winters would be a lot more fun if we did.

"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again"
Joseph Campbell
Bert,s magical shed

0 comments:

Post a Comment