Friday 5 October 2012

Student Perks

It was a bit of an early start at 5.45am yesterday morning but I had to catch an early train in order to rendezvous with my lift to Skipton. We left Headingley in brilliant sunshine only to descend into thick mist as we headed into the Dales where our unheated porta-cabin classroom awaited us. Why do people always assume us gardeners can adjust to any temperature range? Luckily I needn't have worried, the sun burnt off the fret just as we made our way outside to take soil samples. Soil testing is the first of the 'must do' activities and we shall be tested on the theory behind it next lesson. The highlight of the day for me, and certainly worth the journey, was being issued with my student card, this means I can claim discount in many high-street stores for a whole year, it made me feel very young again at 44!

"You are as young as you feel. If you begin to feel the warmth of your soul, there will be a youthfulness in you that no one will be able to take away from you" John O'Donohue

0 comments:

Post a Comment