Tuesday 18 December 2012

Festive Fun

The weather was unkind to us on Monday but as it turned out Giles had a little festive fun in store. He decided that we should make Christmas wreaths with whatever treasures we could glean from the garden. Now I'm not the most artistic of people but as you will see even I managed to cobble together a couple of decent efforts. We took willow cuttings from around the vegetable plot and twisted the stems into rings, this could be done with any brightly coloured pliable twigs that you could find. Then we slotted in some greenery and jewel like rose hips and the dried citrus fruits that Alyson had brought in. We made six in total, one for the big house, one for the garden gate and the rest we were allowed to take home. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed making something so much and if I can do it believe me anyone can, so have a go!

"Symbolising eternal hope the wreath goes round and round, and where it starts or ends cannot be found. Woven of things that grow-for life, and hung for holiday delight, the wreath must be left in place from advent through twelfth night" Anon

This one is my favourite......

but I think this one has a certain naive charm too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment