Tuesday 11 December 2012

Garden Antics

The cutting back and clearing of the borders resumed yesterday and Giles was clearly in a droll mood. I glanced down at a particular plant and did a double take, the colour didn't seem quite right and on closer inspection it turned out to be plastic! I called out to him if he wished his plastic plant to be cut back with all the rest? He replied that he was glad I had noticed, thankfully a years study with the RHS has qualified me to tell the difference! It was certainly a day of mixed weather as we basked in sunshine one minute and were pelted with sleet the next, but we had the antics of the garden robins to keep us entertained. They are becoming quiet cheeky now and will almost sit at our feet waiting for us to turn up worms, but as soon as I get my camera out they fly off. One brave fellow has started to follow us into the orangery where Giles is now sharing his cake with it, I wonder if it will eventually eat from his hand.

"No bird soars too high if he soars on his own wings" William Blake

0 comments:

Post a Comment