Monday 16 September 2013

The Big Cut

Well somebody answered our prayers for some decent weather today, thankfully it remained dry even if it was a bit on the blustery side and we were able to crack on with cutting the yew hedges. We were at full strength in the garden for once with the usual crew plus Adam wielding an extra trimmer, and Susan one of our volunteers who worked as hard as any of us gathering up the clippings. No photographs of the proceedings I'm afraid though as I was just too busy to stop. I'm not sure how many trips with the wheelbarrow I took but I'm guaranteed a solid nights sleep! Everything went very smoothly this year and we even finished with time to spare, just enough in fact to pop up to the clock tower for the last half an hour to do some weeding. I'm so glad we did as I spotted some giant puffballs on the south lawn, I've seen small ones before but these were beauties!

"Those who can do. Those who can do more volunteer"
Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment