Tuesday 9 June 2015

Floral Fireworks And Fidos

The walled garden of Norton Conyers has suddenly exploded into colour, and no plant represents this floral firework display as aptly as Allium cristophii. I never cease to wonder how nature manages this star burst arrangement of flowers with such panache and the metallic sheen of purple is magical. I have only two in my own garden and so look forward to them emerging, only without fail for one of the dogs to knock the heads off! I speak about more than one dog because we have acquired a pound pooch recently. Tommy is a very sweet Border/Lakeland cross with one or two problems we hope to sort out with time. He has taken to my garden rather enthusiastically having created one or two new paths in order to "converse" with next door's cat, and has dug a special hole at the base of the plum tree. I can only be thankful that he seems disinclined to actually eat the plants, only time will tell!
Here he is looking angelic, which he certainly is not,
and here is one of Shandy performing her duties as garden guard dog!
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole"
Roger Caras

0 comments:

Post a Comment