Thursday 13 December 2012

A Hoar Frost

We awoke to freezing fog and a hoar frost this morning, each twig and leaf laid bare in exquisite detail. Harlow Carr garden has seldom been so beautiful in my eyes, but alas we were not to be allowed the luxury of exploring the grounds as it was deemed to be too cold, which at -5 our tutor had a point I suppose, I wouldn't have minded the opportunity for a quick chilly dip into such a seasonal winter wonderland though. Instead we were given another plant identification list to learn through the Christmas holidays, they are coming thick and fast now which is good practise for me. I could have gone exploring at lunchtime I suppose but Chumdog was waiting and the prospect of hot soup was too tempting for me to linger.

"Frost is the greatest artist in our clime, he paints in nature and describes in rime" Thomas Hood

0 comments:

Post a Comment