Sunday 21 July 2013

Visitors

Giles and I gave a guided tour of the garden yesterday to a lovely group of people who support the conservation of the local Thornthwaite henges. It was with a sense of pride that I found I could talk naturally and with a degree of knowledge about the history of the garden and the plants within it, after a little initial nervousness! No garden is complete without an audience, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. Lady Halena gave a talk in the orangery about the history of Sir James' family which I'm sure whet many an appetite for the re-opening of the house currently scheduled for 2014.
After lunch Giles left early, leaving me to enjoy the garden in solitude whilst I watered as many plants as possible before home time, a rare treat.

"In summer the song sings itself"
William Carlos Williams

0 comments:

Post a Comment