Friday 26 October 2012

A Pudding!

I'm not sure what came over me yesterday, maybe it was the shock of losing yet another tutor from our RHS course, when we go back after half term we shall be having a new chap, that's the third since we began in September!!! Anyway I decided to cook a meal from scratch, as my family will tell you that doesn't happen very often and even more infrequent is the production of a pudding. I guess I've been shamed into it really as I'm overrun with apples, having had a hand in the grafting, pruning and general maintenance of two orchards it really would have been criminal then not to produce something with the end product. I chose to make an Eve's pudding, not too hard for a hopeless cook like me and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, but don't worry I'll not change direction and go into catering, I draw the line at making custard!



"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe"
Carl Sagan

1 comments:

Yum :)
If you've lots more apples left and you're wondering what to do with them...
Take a look at http://www.oldsleningford.co.uk/coursesandevents.html which is just round the corner really :)
We can't make it this year, but have been for a few of the past years and had excellent results :-D
 

Post a Comment