Sunday 19 May 2013

A Busy Week

Time for a catch up in what has been a very busy week. I managed a full days work with Mark and Lisa on Tuesday visiting three different gardens over the course of it, and I'm pleased to say I suffered no aches and pains this time. Wednesday I was rained off sadly but it was a good thing as it allowed time to catch up with homework and housework. Thursday saw me at my new garden 'Osborne Gardens' where I'm starting to make headway on the weeds and have planted some cheerful annuals to fill the gaps before making any decisions on more permanent planting. Jill the owner has already recommended me to a friend who I shall visit next Wednesday to see what needs to be done there, so it looks like my weeks will becoming even busier soon. Friday I took a spa day! Yesterday was a mixed bag at Norton Conyers, as soon as we arrived the heavens opened and stayed open, so we huddled in the orangery making labels for all the fruit trees recently planted. Using old lead and a punching set the results are somewhat rustic but should last at least a hundred years.
When the weather finally cleared we placed out the salvias along the south border trying to envisage how each would look with the existing plants, settling them in will be our main task on Monday. All in all a fun packed week!

"No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance"
Confucius



This weeks flower arrangement is a rather loose and wild affair with Solomons seal and Lamiun

0 comments:

Post a Comment