Friday 10 May 2013

Grass Gripes

A strangely satisfying job!
I've been busy this week hence the lack of posting activity, it's got to that time of year when actions must come first and words follow on if there is time. Firstly, on Monday I took the day off to concentrate on my own humble plot with lots of pricking out and potting on and planting out. Nothing too tender in case we get a late frost but the garden should be a wash of colour later on, you will have to wait a while longer for pictures though in case everything gets eaten by slugs, luckily the hedgehogs are about again helping with that battle if they are not put off by Chum picking them up in his mouth! I have also taken on a new garden local to where I live, just a small domestic plot that hasn't seen a lot of attention recently, Thursday afternoon was to be my first visit but the weather forecast was a bit grim so I left college early to try and beat the rain. I did mostly, but spent the last hour doing battle with a nasty patch of couch grass in the front garden whilst trying to shrug off the downpour. I feel it may be a while before I can improve the look of things here as the soil is uncultivated and impoverished, but think I will try herbs and colourful annuals to help it along at first, there's nothing like a challenge!

"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory"
General G S Patton

My tulips were looking good at the beginning of the week but have been blown to bits now, a pity their beauty is all too fleeting

0 comments:

Post a Comment