Wednesday 23 April 2014

An Amusing Oddity

I've been enjoying a couple of days off in the aftermath of the Easter holidays, the teenagers are back at school and Nogger is safely back in the office/pub giving me a rare opportunity to appreciate my own garden. I always enjoy visiting each and every plant to see what progress they are making, but every now and again you get a surprise when something that had slipped your mind quietly starts to do its thing. This is the case with Arisarum proboscidium also called the mouse plant because of its tail. What a fun little chap it is, Giles gave me a chunk months ago and it has sat unloved and unfussed over ever since, but that's just what it likes. I have a soft spot for such oddities probably because not many people grow it, maybe I'll find something equally unusual to buy at the Harrogate flower show on Friday?
"I feel comfortable in the presence of oddity. probably because I'm a little odd"
Martha Plimpton

0 comments:

Post a Comment