Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Snowy Morning

The snow didn't seem too bad first thing on Monday morning so I made the decision to go to Norton Conyers, I didn't want any accusations of townie softness! It's a good job I made the effort because Nikki was snowed in at Bagby, Wortek was on holiday in Tenerife (a smart move that) and Paul deserted at lunchtime in order to get back to the east coast before the worst of the snow set in, leaving just Giles, Alyson and myself working away down by the lake. It was a long wet dirty day and I was glad to squelch onto the bus at the end of it. I did get some good atmospheric pictures though and reckon I can call myself a proper outdoor lass if I can work seven hours in those weather conditions!

"There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig is clad with radiance"
William Sharp


0 comments:

Post a Comment