Saturday 19 January 2013

Snowbound

No work for me today for obvious reasons, I don't think anyone else will have turned in either, except for Giles, he'll work through anything! Instead I took Chum for a long walk, much preferable to staying inside with two miserable teenagers, both have colds and one is studying for important exams next week, my service on demand button was wearing out fast! So out into the snowy solitude we went, I could tell from watching the snow fall last night that it was going to be crisp, each flake sparkled as it drifted down caught in the warm gleam of the street lamp. I love the sound good snow makes when you walk upon the virgin sward, a crunch and then a squeak, with Chum pushing his nose through the drifts beside me like a mini snowplough. He always was a snow dog, the very first time he was allowed out as a puppy the weather was like today so it always makes him playful. There is more to come the forecasters predict which means my pay check could be as light as the snowflakes by the end of the month, roll on spring!

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough"
Earl Wilson


1 comments:

Dogs and snow seem such natural bedfellows...
 

Post a Comment