Sunday 24 February 2013

A Sense Of Achievement

Another bitterly cold morning, when will we feel some warmth again?
I'm so glad it's Sunday with nothing more strenuous to contend with than walking Chum and losing myself in the weekend papers because I'm knackered! On Friday morning I made my way to Knaresborough to work with Mark and Lisa of Greengate Gardening for a day, now I thought I was quite fit but that was before I'd worked at their Trojan pace for eight hours. We were charged with making a garden ready for spring in a sort of one off blitz sort of visit involving dividing and re-planting perennials, digging over borders, removing unwanted shrubs and generally tidying up. We only just managed to finish by five o'clock, but I did feel a sense of achievement that I'd managed to keep pace with that couple of dynamos! Yesterday I was back at Norton despite feeling stiff where we girls potted up approx 210 dahlias including making trips to the compost heap to dig what was needed, last year we potted 192 but as the blooms were so spectacular in the summer there was more to do this time.
Finally I'm in The Garden magazine again on page 91 of the March edition if anyone wants to put a face to the blogger!

Happy anniversary Mum and Dad, 51 years of happy marriage is quite an achievement too.

"It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"
Edmund Hillary

The only way to keep warm is to keep working!

0 comments:

Post a Comment