Monday 5 November 2012

Not A Good Day

Monday didn't start off badly, just the usual routine, up at six pack lunch to make and then off out into a bright frosty morning. The walled garden looked beautiful with its covering of ice, like sugar frosting painted on by a master confectioner. When the ground is frozen like that there's no digging to be done so Nikki and I settled down to pruning the summer raspberry canes, cutting out the old dying wood and tying in the new growth that will fruit next year. Whether it was a combination of the bright sunshine and the cold that brought on a migraine I cannot say, but by midday it had turned into a real humdinger. Giles kindly drove me into Ripon to catch the bus home to bed, unfortunately in my hurry to escape the blinding sunshine and my headache I hadn't zipped up my rucksack properly and later on I discovered that my brand new waterproof jacket was missing. I waited for the boy to return from school and sent him out to look for it but to no avail, making today a painful and expensive experience, oh well we all have them don't we.

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow" Robert Louis Stevenson


0 comments:

Post a Comment