Thursday 3 January 2013

A Reverse Manicure

Happy New Year everyone, I thought it was about time I stuck my head above the parapet at last! I've been taking a long break and am not yet back at work, but due to the chronically wet conditions I don't think I've missed much action. My gardening activities over the past couple of weeks have consisted of flicking through the new seed catalogues, learning how to wield my new plant labelling machine and opening the lid of my cold frame on the pitifully few dry days we've been blessed with. However I detect a slight tingling in the old green digits again so it's definitely time to take off the Christmas nail polish and feel the earth collect under my fingernails once more.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life"
Rachel Carson

0 comments:

Post a Comment