Saturday 5 January 2013

Blue Monday

They sat that the first working Monday of January is the most depressing day of the year and I'm sure most of us would agree. I've been suffering from the blues for at least a week now and when I gaze upon my garden the only words I can muster up begin with D, lets start with dullness and dissatisfaction, quickly followed by disgust and doubt. Nothing appears to be thriving and I don't have the money to rip it all out and start from scratch. This is the moment in a gardeners yearly calender when we must call on that most noble of resources, Patience. I may not be the most accomplished plants-woman or original designer but with natures help and a good dollop of patience I know I will eventually transform my shabby back garden into a thing of beauty, if only in my own eyes! It may take another ten years, especially if I grow most of it from seed, but it will happen. So to all you fellow SAD sufferers out there hang on, spring will surely follow winter!

"All human wisdom is summed up in two words-wait and hope"
Alexander Dumas Pere

0 comments:

Post a Comment