Sunday 19 August 2012

Dog Days

We had a gentle day at the garden on Saturday, a fact I was glad for as Dave and I had been out for dinner the night before and my head felt distinctly woolly, couple that with the fact that the weather was muggy and it was an uncomfortable start to the working day. There's nothing like gardening to soothe a throbbing head but I don't think I'll risk a Friday night out again in a hurry! I wasn't the only member of the team feeling under the weather, poor old Bisto has a tumour that we fear will soon get the better of him, he appears to be fading away before our eyes. He still likes to amble his way round the garden and can even put on a burst of speed if Shandy manages to flush a rabbit, but increasingly he is simply content to find a patch of sunshine somewhere near his master and lose himself in slumber. I guess Norton Conyers is not a bad place to spend your last days, during the dog days of August in Bisto's case, I hope there are a few more pleasant ones to come for him yet.

"Histories are more full of the examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends" Alexander Pope


1 comments:

Lovely, colourful photos, Ali.
Can we eek out some more warmer days in this most disappointing summer?
 

Post a Comment