Thursday 19 April 2012

Housebound

Events are conspiring against Diana and I at the moment, she has unfortunately come down with a heavy cold and the weather wasn't showing us any mercy either so no Spofforth again this week. I gratefully accepted a day at home and was even quite cheerful when doing the housework, it's the first time the place has looked decent in weeks! A productive study session later and I thankfully retired to the sofa for a duvet afternoon, slightly damp dog at my feet, and immersed myself in the joys of vegetable growing in comfort, days like that are increasingly infrequent! Lets hope all this rain is filling up the nations water butts, my garden plants certainly seem to be enjoying a good soaking after such a dry spring.

"Rain is grace, rain is the sky condescending to the earth, without rain there would be no life" John Updike

0 comments:

Post a Comment