Tuesday 12 June 2012

Horace The Horrible

A rather mangled hedge thanks to me!
I had another beastly piece of machinery to conquer yesterday, Horace the horrible hedge cutter. I must admit I haven't been pestering Giles to let me have a go as Alyson had already confessed to a dislike of the thing, and she can manage anything! Anyway my time had come and I didn't want to chicken out without having given it my best shot, I managed about ten minutes all told! I mastered starting it as I'm getting used to pull cords and engines now, but as soon as I picked it up I knew I wouldn't last long. Talk about heavy, my knuckles were scraping the floor just after that small go, sometimes you just have to admit defeat. How the men use it for hours at a time I can't imagine. When it is time to cut the yew hedge and sell the clippings for cancer drugs it must all be finished in one day, that will be an all hands on deck day with the men cutting and us girls collecting the clippings, I must remember to eat a large breakfast before work then!

"If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice" Chinese Proverb

These white foxgloves are looking magnificent now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment