Thursday 21 June 2012

Orchard Or Wild Flowers?

It was nice to be back at Spofforth again yesterday, it's been nearly a month since I was last there, what with half term, emergency hospital trips with the boy, and Di's annual painting holiday keeping us apart. I was astonished at how much everything has grown, especially the orchard which resembles a wild-flower meadow. Di is loath to cut it because of the flowers much to Brian's disgust! I suggested that they just cut a path into the orchard and around the trees, leaving everything else to finish flowering before taking the scythe to it. Meadows are very eco-friendly and de-rigueur at the moment and I think the idea appealed to the botanist in Di, but I've a feeling Brian's tidy mind will win the day, I'll keep you posted!

"Landscapes have a language of their own, expressing the soul of things, lofty or humble, which constitutes them, from the mighty peaks to the smallest of the tiny flowers hidden in the meadows grass" Alexandria David-Neel


yesterdays renovation project
Di intends to mingle flowers and cabbages here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment