Sunday 27 November 2011

Be It Ever So Humble

The weather wasn't so good for gardening on Saturday but because I'd finally managed to buy some waterproof over-trousers I didn't give a fig, rain and wing hardly made me pause as I was toasty warm.
I also got a peak inside NC house as the Grahams needed some furniture moving around so Giles and I popped in to lend a hand. What a rambling old place it is, full of secrets waiting to be discovered, the walls are adorned with old pictures, many of them covered over for protection, but you still get glimpses of ancient Graham ancestors slumbering quietly within antique gilt frames. When compared to my own warm little house it makes me glad I don't have to live there! Gardening wise we tackled cutting back the main herbaceous border, which resulted in armfuls of stuff for the compost heap, that's me standing on top trying to squash it all down, imagine the amount of black gold that will come out of that!

"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home"
Johann Wolfgang von Goeth

0 comments:

Post a Comment