Wednesday 9 November 2011

Eggstravaganza

Privet and confidential has been on tour again folks so sorry for the lack of blogging yesterday, travelling home doesn't lend itself to inspiration. I was tagging along with Dave to the 2011 egg and poultry industry conference at which he was a speaker, by all accounts the speech went down well but I didn't hear it as I was zenned out in the spa having a facial and manicure, oh the joy of having posh nails again if only for a couple of days! The price of all this beauty treatment was a five hour formal banquet and as I'd already managed to pour a glass of wine over a rather important speaker the night before I was feeling some trepidation. Anyway that too passed off without incident and finished with some really excellent entertainment, 'The Secret Sopranos' who had hidden themselves around the room disguised as waiters or chefs until spontaneously bursting into song, ranging from opera to modern pop classics. Eventually the late nights and being on my best behaviour caught up with me and I retreated to bed, leaving Dave, the original party animal to continue networking!
Pics- the very swanky Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel and a couple of poshed up northerners!

"When arguing with a chicken, a grain of corn is always wrong"
African proverb

0 comments:

Post a Comment