Friday 6 July 2012

Drenched

There is no doubt that Thursday mornings walk with Aunty Fran and Paddy was the wettest we have ever taken. I knew it was raining when I set out but as we often take the dogs out for a couple of hours I decided it was prudent to wear full waterproofs, I needn't have bothered the rain just soaked right through them! The paths turned into streams and pretty soon I had a tidal wave of water sloshing back and forth in my boots with every step. Chum looked pretty miserable too as he had to scrunch his eyes up against the deluge, even Paddy neglected to roll. eat or chase anything unsuitable. I ended up putting Chum back on his lead as a terrific clap of thunder sent him scuttling away in fright. I hate to worry you folks but they are predicting a months worth of rain over the next two days. Heaven knows what our poor Norton Conyers bride will be thinking, I just hope she's got some posh wellies!



"No one can write knowingly of the weather who walks bent over on wet days" E B White

0 comments:

Post a Comment