Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Glimmer Of Sunshine

As this dreary summer of ours crawls on, remarkable only in its astonishing wetness and explosion of slug populations, I'm struck by two things a) only I could have decided to start growing my own veg in the worst summer in living history, and b) thank goodness Dave bullied me into agreeing to take a holiday. As previously mentioned I'm taking Privet and Confidential abroad again but this time it is somewhere very exotic, yes we're going to the Maldives! I don't know what I'm most excited about, will it be the beautiful flora and fauna, or simply that our paradise island is a cooking and housework free zone? Only three more weeks to slog through, this period before break up is called the silly season in our house, due to the kids abandoning their academic straight jackets faster than the teachers do their principles when a strike is called! I'll try to keep posting blogs but this is the time of year when a mum needs to develop eight arms to juggle all the things that need to be done, but at least there is definitely sun on the horizon.

"If all the year were playing holidays, to sport would be as tedious as to work"
William Shakespeare  Henry IV part I

0 comments:

Post a Comment