Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hedges

The willow hedge can be seen top left
We descended into dullness once again on Monday, both the weather and the tasks, Giles was away so no dogs to cheer us up just wet and dreary gloom and hedge cutting, a job I distinctly dislike. During the summer months it is a chore that comes round with boring regularity, but once completed I must admit it is worth doing for the improved look of the garden. Alyson and I cut both the small cotoneaster hedge and the willow hedge that surrounds the vegetable patch by hand, a seven hour grind and when I got home I noticed that my own hedges need doing too!

"The master of the garden is the one who waters it, trims the branches, plants the seeds, and pulls the weeds. If you merely stroll through the garden, you are but an acolyte" Vera Nazarian


0 comments:

Post a Comment