Sunday 1 July 2012

Fruit Salad

Alyson is having a well earned break so it was just Giles and me yesterday, which meant I had to get the onward bus from Ripon. I needn't have worried though as the nice bus driver dropped me off right at the estate gate. The day turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag, we had lots of weather from hot sun to torrential downpours and we tackled lots of unrelated jobs, weeding and hoeing of course but also helping Lady Halena move some furniture up at the house. My favourite part though was picking the first fruit crops of the season, I came home with two punnets of strawberries, strings of red currents like jewels and warm fuzzy peaches plucked straight from the trees. Perhaps you could call it my just desserts!

"Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in your fruit salad"
Miles Kington

Another sharp shower
No point planting anything in here, this is the ginger fox's spot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment