Monday 21 March 2011

A new venture

Monday March 21st
Officially the days are now getting longer, so this seems like a great time to start a new venture.This blog will be a little record of my gardening days as I attempt to re-train in horticulture. Wish me luck!

It is another gorgeous morning, I took chummy dog down Nidd Gorge for his walk & saw loads of birds, including a jay, mistle thrush & a nut hatch, not a bad haul.

Back in the garden I planted some forget-me-nots around the base of the acer & the false spikenard I bought yesterday I just popped into the border( I hope it will be damp enough there)
The ribes that I rescued from Focus last year has beautiful lime green leaves now & it only cost me 50p!

Spring is definitely in the air.

Today I will finish with a little quotation from Gertrude Jekyll which rings a bell with a novice like me
You will find out there are all sorts of ways of learning, not only from people and books, but from sheer trying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment