Friday 25 March 2011

Seeds - promises from nature

Friday March 24th 2011

It's Friday so that means WWAFAP (walkies with aunty Fran and Paddy). It was lovely down by the river. The dogs can tell it's spring and have been full of energy, which has been used up by barking, fighting, swimming, rolling and eating unmentionables.

The weather is supposed to break tomorrow, which is a shame, but we have had a whole week of the most glorious sunshine, more like May than March.

All around the garden small seedlings are appearing, some of which I can identify as weeds immediately, others I may have to leave a bit longer before I decide if they are worth keeping. The worst culprit for me is Herb Robert which takes a hold everywhere (although at least it is pretty), and ground elder under the hedge, not a lot I can do about the latter I'll just smother it out with something more rampant like nasturtium.

My own planted seedlings are making an appearance too, the most vigorous being the Morning Glory, which not following the packet instructions I failed to soak before sowing, they germinated in 4 days! This bodes well for their purpose which is to grow over the shed.

No blogging over the weekend as it is Dave's big birthday, so I'll be back on Monday.

A Morning Glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.
Walt Whitman

0 comments:

Post a Comment