Monday 28 March 2011

Pottering About

Monday 28th March 2011

After a weekend off it's good to be back in the garden. Another fine day, although the forcasters say it will be the last one for a while. Made the most of it by potting up stray seedlings - mostly yellow flag- I don't really want any more, but perhaps I can give them away or donate them to the next school fair. Also some runners from Canterbury Bells which I love, I can always find room for a few more.

Finally got around to planting some summer bulbs - a pot of little yellow Allium Moly and some others I haven't tried before. Lillies - Monte Negro a nice bright red, Dahlia Playa Blanca (one of the cactus type) and Gypsophlia which I put in with the grasses and alliums -It should make an interesting combination.

Quote of the day
When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and buy a lily with the other.
Chinese Proverb.

1 comments:

My Mum's name was Lily you know
 

Post a Comment