Tuesday 26 March 2013

A Frozen World

My garden still in freezing lock down this morning
Against all the odds I made it into work on Monday morning and was astonished to see how little snow was left at Norton Conyers. I suppose I expected the conditions to be worse there because it is so rural, when in fact urban Bilton had bigger snowdrifts and footpaths like glass bad enough for me to consider another day off work, a good thing I rang and checked with Alyson the night before. A morning mulching the blackcurrants with wood chip kept us warm and in the afternoon we dug up the Nerine bowdenii, splitting the congested clumps giving us enough spare bulbs to expand into new sites, they will look very fetching in their new homes come next autumn.

"Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb, a lovely garden in a seed, and a giant oak in an acorn"
William Arthur Ward

A very happy birthday to my Dave, a good time to buy Nogger a beer?!






Primula vulgaris Hose in Hose

0 comments:

Post a Comment