Tuesday 5 March 2013

Planting For The Future

I promise never to complain about being too warm ever again as we reverted to cold and miserable on Monday morning, disastrously I'd forgotten my beloved hat too so I was chilly for most of the day. Still it wasn't all bad as I was back behind the wheel of the tractor for the first time since October and luckily I managed to start it and remember how to reverse too! We loaded up and chugged along to the clock tower garden to lay a new yew hedge which ended up looking surprisingly good for an area that has been sadly neglected until quite recently. Giles has plans to include fragrant climbers, a magnolia grandiflora and some foolproof ground cover so that maintenance will be minimal, all we need now is time for the transformation to be complete. I hope I'm still working here when some of these plants reach maturity, but we gardeners are only ever guardians of the future.

"Who has learned to garden who did not at the same time learn to be patient"
H.L.V.Fletcher

Suitable protection for the young trees as it is bunny central around these parts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment