Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Thoughts

Another week curtailed due to bad weather sees me exhausted from watching the skies and trying to evaluate my chances of work each day, so I'm having some time off! Hopefully the climate will produce something more clement when I once again don gardening gloves. One or two highlights to mention before I go, my long suffering cold frame finally collapsed the other day so I was on the look out for a replacement, it was therefore serendipitous that when shopping in Lidl (that well known gardening emporium!) I chanced across one. I took it home and managed to construct it, the metal frames will not rot on this one and the perspex is of better quality than the old one which came from the RHS shop, so pleased was I that I purchased another one. This means my seed sowing can get under way properly now and sod the weather! Last morning at college today until after the holidays saw us polish off another plant identification test and then retire to the greenhouse for the pricking out of seedlings, I know it's easy but I suppose we must be seen to complete all the tasks. We got to take home our efforts as usual but I was especially pleased today with the foxglove seedlings on offer, they may grow like weeds in other peoples gardens but somehow fail to do so in mine and I hadn't grown any last summer. I also came back with two nice lupins because Clare didn't want hers, she says her slug population rules out the effort to nurture them. So all in all not a bad week, I do love a bargain!
Happy Easter to you all.

"Well pleaseth me the sweet time of Easter, that maketh the leaf and flower come out"
Bertran de Born 1140-1215
Not bad for a cheap supermarket find is it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment