Sunday 10 March 2013

Cold

Forgive the damp lens, some days are too wet for photography
I don't think I have ever been as cold as I was yesterday morning since I started this gardening lark. I was sorely tempted to stay in bed but turned out anyway as I knew the others wouldn't be put off by the weather, I soon regretted it as we doggedly continued to trim and tie in the willow hedge only stopping when our fingers were too numb to make the knots any longer. Break time and lunch time were hellish as we sat in the orangery in colder temperatures than outside, but at least the persistent rain and icy sleet couldn't reach us in there. It was almost a pleasure to load wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow with wood shreddings to mulch the beech hedge in the afternoon as it thankfully got our circulation going again! Enough ramblings for today as I'm going back to bed for a mothers day lie in,(blogging and letting the dog out must come first!), then I shall visit my own dear mum and spend the rest of the day in front of the fire contemplating the prospect of a repeat performance tomorrow!

"I like these cold gray winter days. Days like these let you savour a bad mood"
Bill Watterson

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts forever"
Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment