Tuesday 4 September 2012

A Generous Donation

Not much of import happened at Norton yesterday and there's only so much you can say about five hours of weeding and three of mowing, so I'll bring you up to date with what's happening in my own garden. I've all but given up on the brassicas due to slugs and cabbage whites who still managed to get under the supposedly insect proof netting I'd used, so I've uncovered them and will try picking off the caterpillars as I see them, here is the first collection. I pondered for a while as to what I was going to do with them, I considered the bird table but didn't want them crawling away, so in the end I donated them to the council! Elsewhere the nasturtiums are looking good like these ones which just appeared growing out of the compost bin, if I'd sown them there they never would have flourished but nature always manages these things better than us lowly gardeners!





"The butterfly, a cabbage white
(His honest idiocy of flight)
Will never now, it is too late
Master the art of flying straight.
Robert Graves                                                                    


0 comments:

Post a Comment