Tuesday 18 September 2012

Snip Snip

I took my beloved secateurs for an overhaul on Sunday, after a year of working their magic on just about every plant in Norton Conyers garden they were dull and stiff and apt to chew rather than cut. However the nice people at Daleside Nurseries soon had them back to perfection having changed the blade and tightened the mechanism they were once again a joy to use. I felt pretty pleased with myself when called upon to prune the fig in the vinery yesterday morning as I knew the job would now be a breeze, and indeed the new blade cut through the fig stems like butter, a pity they also cut through the wire I was tying the fig to, I didn't notice until everything went floppy! That meant yet another trip to see Giles cap in hand to admit my latest mistake, as usual he took the news with equanimity thank goodness. I guess when you stop making mistakes in life you also stop learning.

Bisto was too poorly to come to the garden today.


" A man's errors are his portals of discovery" James Joyce

0 comments:

Post a Comment