Thursday 27 September 2012

A Problem

A very obliging peacock butterfly on Alchemilla molis
We are slowly getting into a rhythm with the new course at Harlow Carr, but three weeks in and we have already had a change of tutor. Her name is Jo Makin and she's had a tough job pulling all the paperwork together so we can start the curriculum. This morning she raided her own garden and brought us some samples to identify, good fun, I always did love a quiz. Later we were given a list of autumn interest plants to locate around the garden and I was pleased to find some of the names familiar, so some of what I learnt last year did stick! However when telling us her plans for our next lesson Jo presented me with a dilemma, she intends to run the soil testing at Craven College's site in Skipton and of course I don't have a car. The only bus leaves Harrogate at 9.45am, far too late and non of my classmates live anywhere near here. I have had an offer of help from James though, he lives over Leeds way and has suggested I travel through on the train and he will pick me up and take us to college. They do say all roads roam to Leeds, or is that all roads lead to Rome?! It is a strange way to get to Skipton but an offer I will gratefully accept, thanks James!

"The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame your mother, the ecology or the president. You realise that you control your own destiny"
Albert Ellis

0 comments:

Post a Comment