Tuesday 3 May 2011

Basket Case #1


Tuesday 3rd May 2011

I have a confession to make, and that is that I loathe bedding plants, especially that evil triumvirate of Petunias, Begonias and Busy Lizzies, all semblance of nature bred out of them by the Victorians. I especially hate their garish colours and the way they go sticky in the rain. Some bedders I suppose I will tolerate, maybe Lobelia and Viola, but not Pansies which are too blousey. This of course leaves me with a quandary, what do I fill my baskets with? I have completed one with Ivy and Strawberry plants, which I think is both attractive and useful, the slugs will not get the fruit up here, but the others will require more thought- I will keep you posted.

"Never does Nature say one thing and wisdom another"
Juvenal

0 comments:

Post a Comment