Friday 6 May 2011

Rain!


Friday 6th May 2011

We had some much needed rain late yesterday and overnight, I think the first for at least six weeks, consequently the garden is looking lovely and verdant, and we have sunshine again this morning, if only the weather would behave itself like this all summer.

I had a very peaceful time at Southlands yesterday, quietly attending to those small jobs that build up unnoticed, pruning the mock orange, dead-heading the daffodils and tackling some rather large bramble shoots. I mentioned to Val that the pond could do with some help, it is dark and murky, way beyond the aid of barley straw. It needs clearing out completely and starting again, probably with some plants to introduce air and a hedgehog ramp. I don't mind doing the latter but I'm not so keen on doing the messy bit! Not many of the residents were around , which I put down to too many bank holidays and celebrations lately, although Ruth was outside of course. Feeling a little jaded myself after another busy week, so more on Monday...........

"A good garden may have some weeds"
proverb

0 comments:

Post a Comment