Tuesday 24 May 2011

Un-may Like Weather



Tuesday 24th May 2011

Yesterday was just like autumn! Rainy gales stopped play at Tate House about 1pm, but we had a good mornings work behind us. Phil drew the short straw and tackled the long neglected compost heap and Nick and Jack tidied the shed. Neither job was to my liking, the first being jolly hard work, and the latter too spidery. I busied myself with pricking out and potting on the brassica seedlings that I'd sown on the first day of the project. They have really come on well, we even chanced putting some straight out into the veg garden, if they come to nothing we will have more mature plug plants to replace them with.

Due to the early finish, when I got home I attempted to create my first proper garden plan of the sensory courtyard. It's a bit busy perhaps, but not bad for a first attempt.

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..... Make big plans, aim high in hope and work"
Daniel H Burnham

0 comments:

Post a Comment