Monday 23 May 2011

Birthday Bonanza


Monday 23rd May 2011

Hardly any time to spend in the garden this weekend on account of it being my birthday. I had to do all sorts of un-Alison like things such as going clothes shopping and going to the hairdressers. Still I did manage to squeeze an hour in on Saturday morning, instead of doing the housework, one has to get one's priorities right! I planted out the ornamental millet, put half a dozen geraniums in pots, trimmed the allium leaves and found places in the border for some spare parsley plugs. Finally I planted a wild rose in the nature corner, I've grown it from a hip I picked up on a gleaning mission last autumn, I've put it in a large pot so hopefully it won't get too rampant. The hips are what I'm after for late colour, and it should be good for lots of creepy crawlies to hide in.

Well I've been thoroughly spoilt this year, I received a beautiful Hawes watering can, gardening vouchers and a luxury kneeler amongst lots of other lovely treats, but top marks to the kids for a hand made card with a poem and a little book entitled "50 ways to kill a slug"!
Messing around with the new camera, I came across the first cornflower in the garden.

"It takes a long time to grow young"
Pablo Picasso

0 comments:

Post a Comment