Thursday 12 May 2011

A Learning Opportunity


Thursday 12th May 2011

I went to visit a lovely couple in Spofforth yesterday, Diana and Brian Davis. They gave me an extensive tour of their garden, which consists of much home grown produce. Diana has for many years been a member of the Northern Fruit Group, and her garden is the product of that knowledge. There are many beautiful fruit trees there and root stocks of all types, there are two fig trees in the greenhouse, one of which is suffering from an infestation of scale insects-very interesting for me to observe.
They also grow an abundance of soft fruit and of course all the usual herbs and vegetables.
I am to go and help them with the garden every Wednesday this summer, in return for this they will share their vast knowledge and teach me how to graft and bud fruit trees, and also share the produce, I feel I'm getting the best of the bargain!

"Education is only a ladder to gather fruit from the tree of knowledge, not the fruit itself"
Albert Einstein

0 comments:

Post a Comment