Thursday 13 October 2011

Traffic Black Spot Of The Universe!

What a wet and dreary day it was yesterday, I strongly suspected that no gardening would tale place at Spofforth, still I went anyway as I secretly hope that Diana and Brian would miss me if I didn't go. We took the opportunity to catch up with a few gardening topics we wished to discuss whilst the rain beat steadily  down on the conservatory roof. At about midday it started to brighten up a little so we wandered outside and planted the last two apple trees in the orchard, cutting through the turf and digging each a decent hole. At first I was feeling cold, that hasn't happened for a while, but we soon warmed up with the work and the glow of seeing a job through to it's fruition. By the time we had eaten lunch it was time for me to leave due to our late start, but I almost wish I'd stayed working because it took me nearly two hours to get home. Most of the time was spent waiting for inefficient buses or stuck in traffic, surely no where else in the universe has such abysmal traffic management as Harrogate!!

"Patience is something we admire in the driver behind us and scorn in the one ahead"
Mac McCleary

Pics- just a couple of views of the garden at Spofforth, please forgive the first, with its shiny reflection but it is a photo of a photo that Brian took from the upstairs of the house, you can see the orchard at the very end of the garden running down to the beck. Then just a snap of the beck itself, rising fast with all this rain, I hope it doesn't flood the garden this year as it has done in the past.


Just to let you know Blogger have introduced a new method of viewing any photos, if you click on a picture you will be able to see a better image enhanced by a light box, I think it looks great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment