Friday 14 October 2011

The Wheel

Catch up day soon came around again this week and not a moment too soon looking at the state of the house. By the time I'd changed all the beds, walked Chum, seen to all the little jobs like making phone calls and ordering school photos, it was 11o'clock and I still hadn't started on my homework. It was quite an enjoyable task though, familiarising myself with the colour wheel and the combinations of plantings that can be arranged around it. I've decided to put it on the blog as nothing else of interest presented itself, no fungi or wildlife sightings to report, just an awful lot of mud. By the way I do apologise for the spelling error on the second piece, but it is only for my own use after all, thank goodness for spell check on Blogger! I actually managed to stay awake long enough to catch the weather forecast last night and it looks like we shall have a decent weekend again, I really must get out into my own garden and cut the hedge, hopefully for the last time this year! Have a good one whatever you are all doing, until Monday.......

"Why do two colours put one next to the other sing? Can one really explain this? No, just as one can never learn how to paint"
Pablo Picasso

"I cannot pretend to be impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones, and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns"
Winston Churchill

0 comments:

Post a Comment