Friday 13 January 2012

The Book Worm

I didn't get up to much yesterday, an hour of studying alpine plants for college, walking Chum of course and then quite a bit of snoozing on the sofa, well I do get up very early all week and have to catch up sometime! The most notable five minutes was spent ordering yet another book from Amazon, they are such incredible value compared to regular shops, much as I love our high street stores no one in their right mind wants to pay full price. I've ordered Sarah Raven's new book on wildflowers, a plush and mighty tome that should retail at £50.00 but I've paid £29.00 a real bargain, and the photography will be stunning. It will be of great help to me as a gardener as almost all of our cultivated plants were bred from native species and there is a section on them in the exam. We are also expected to remember the Latin names for common weeds, know thy enemy! Speaking of such I snapped this daisy Bellis perennis yesterday cheekily flowering in January, that's why weeds are king, they've adapted to make the most of any available growing time.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends, they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors and the most patient of teachers" Charles W Eliot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment